Are you ready Aiden?
Aiden, we are one week away from boarding the plane. Are you ready?
Is there anything in particular you're looking forward to?
- Cooler weather and getting my braces off.
You get to pick where we walk tomorrow, where would you like to go?
- Marshall Hampton Reserve.
You are the boss for the day, why did you choose that place?
- There are gators and it's a loop so you don't have to go straight out and come right back.
Do you feel like it's always your fault when you and Henry are fighting?
- Why is that question relevant to this interview?
I'll ask the questions around here toot face!
- Is that a question?
Are you going to be this infuriating the entire way down the trail?
- Not the whole way.
What are you most excited about?
- Walking across the finish line.
Why is finishing the most exciting thing?
- Because I like feeling accomplished.
Why not just make your goal for the day to fix a bowl of cereal?
- Cereal makes my stomach hurt.
I guess you could go crazy and make yourself some scrambled eggs.
- Remember that day when I made you cinnamon rolls and brought them to you in bed?
I will ask the questions around here young lady.
Is there anything you're feeling apprehensive about?
- I'm kind of scared that Georgie will whine the whole way down the trail.
That's funny, she said the same thing to me about you.
- I don't believe it.
You are 16, going on 17 . You seem a bit naive. What do you think will be the most eye-opening experience on the trail for you?
- Probably the experience of having to survive with what you have. Being forced to live without extra things is something that most people don't usually have to do . Oh that's not true, I meant people in the US.
So you think boiling life down to the bare essentials will be the most impactful?
- It's the eye-opening thing that I expect.
Do you think if you just close your eyes you won't have to see it?
- No, I think it'll have to catch up with me at some point, if not from the very beginning.
Maybe if you run really fast ...
- You're just trying to get me to do 30 miles a day.
Okay folks, you heard it here first. Aiden wants to do 30 miles a day!
Aiden Strawbridge everybody! Join her in this walk to support in the fight against human trafficking...
If you haven't seen her video, check it out: